- Repainting Ridge Capping
- ridge capping installation
- ridge capping repairs
- ridge capping repairs adelaide
- Prepare For A (Perfect) Christmas With These 5 Home Maintenance Tips
- 5 Practical Roof Repair Tips That Will Help You Maintain It For Long Time
- Use The High Pressure Cleaning To Increase The Longevity Of The Driveway
- Maintenance Tips To Ensure The Longevity Of Metal Roofs
- Why You Cannot Afford Any Mistakes In Your Roof’s Ridge Capping?
- Why You Should Always Review Your Roofing Company Online!
- Top 3 Types Of Roof Shingles Known For Their Cost-Effectiveness!
- Get A Roof Sealant Today To Increase Your Roof Longevity!
- Qualities Of A Good And Reliable Roofer: Using The Best Tile Repair Kit And Being Insured
- Looking To Get Your Roof Painted This Winter? Try These Roof Paint Trends!
If you own a home, then keeping your roof in a peak condition is one of the priorities. While other aspects of the roof are much discussed, we often seem to neglect the importance of ridge capping. Let us know more about the same in a detailed article.
What Is Ridge Capping?
Ridge capping can be defined as the triangular shaped tiles that are used to cover the joints where the two sides of the roofs meet. Ridge capping can be used in any and all types of roofs, especially the ones which come with a sloping surface. Ridge capping has served homemakers for hundreds of years and is often considered to be an important part of the roof structure.
The ridge capping installation is an easy process as they are often held in their position using cement that is also known as bedding. Once those tiles are placed, color matching the rest of the roof is used to give it fine and appealing finish. Nowadays, a flexible rubber based mortar is applied over the cement to ensure that the capping stays in their place while also adding to the beauty of the roof.
Why Is Ridge Capping Important?
The significance of ridge capping is many. However, some of the most common ones can be identified as follows:
- Ridge capping prevents rainwater from penetrating the lower levels of a roof, which can damage the entire roof structure.
- Ridge capping also ensures that the debris doesn’t entire the lower levels as they can clutter the gutter causing leaks.
- They also ensure that the structure of the roof is preserved. Since they are used at the joints, maintaining a level and even construction.
- Ridge capping is also considered to be the backbone of the roof. If they are not correct, the entire can collapse.
Hence, this proves that every homeowner needs ridge capping in order to ensure a long and safe life of their house and roof.
How To Replace Ridge Capping?
Since the ridge capping covers the tip of the roof, just where the two angels meet, they are prone to more responsibility than the rest of the parts. As discussed in the previous section, ridge capping performs quite a few pivotal activities. And also because they are bent over the roof, they are more prone to deterioration than the rest of the roof parts. Hence, it is very important for the homeowners to ensure good maintenance of the ridge capping. The good news is that they can be replaced very easily using only three steps. Read them thoroughly.
- First cut and bend the tiles to take the shape of the bend of the roof.
- Place it in the right place and use nails to hammer fix the tile in its place. Use cement and mortar to ensure that they remain in place. You can also use M-seal to prevent rainwater or melting snow from entering the lower levels.
- Wait for the cement to dry off completely before using another top layer. To give it a shine, use paint on top.
It is always better to hire professional roof maintenance company to complete ridge capping repairs. Since the roof is a risky place to charter/work unmonitored, with the chances of accident high, it is always better to get experts to do the job done. They use the right tools and equipment to finish the job, which means that they can perform the job flawlessly.
Once a year inspection of the ridge capping will help you keep it intact and from damage. Now that you know how important ridge capping, make sure to keep them in a good condition for a long and healthy life of your roof.
AUDIO VERSION :